Normal practice in the web design industry is to require the client to submit all content exactly as they want it.
Although many mistakenly believe that writing the content is part of a web designer's services, it never is and the majority of web designers will admit that they are not good at writing any content, which is why "Content Writing" has become a very popular separate service offered by many individual content writers and content writing firms across the world.
It is not the web designer's responsibility to correct any spelling mistakes, syntax errors or typos. The thought process is that since it is your business, it is up to you to write about it. What you submit is what will appear on your website.
We at Affordable Web Design™ think a little differently!
We understand that the majority of business owners have issues with what to put into their website. Content writing is more than just writing words, it is thinking through the entire layout of the website, how you want to divide up the information your potential customers will see, what to write on each page, how to keep your pages simple and not confusing to your viewers.... a lot of time and effort needs to go into all of this in order to make the website content effective!
- Most business owners talk excitedly about their products and/or services, but when it comes to writing it all down in a logical sequence, they simply have no idea.
- Some business owners have no problem doing that, they simply don't have the time
- Our Content Writer will interview the business owner or representative, will take notes and gather all kinds of information in order to fully understand the business, will divide up the website into logical pages of information, and will incorporate the content writing results into the website layout we have designed for you to reflect all that content.
What is Included in Initial Design Costs
The following is still part of the initially quoted estimate and does not have any additional cost associated.
- When the client submits all their content, we will still "proof read". Since there is no such thing as "spellcheck" in web design coding, we do our best to catch all errors for the client, at no additional charge.
- When the client gives us content but it is not complete, we again will do our best to make all the content on all the pages make sense. We will let you know what appears to be missing, and will guide you with regards to what still needs to be submitted, again at no extra charge as long as you are within the originally estimated timeframe.
- In the case where the client submits ideas for their content in point form, we will base our content on what has been submitted. As long as the additional time does not push the project over the original estimate, there will be no extra charge for this help.
Content Writing Services Cost
- We have researched the internet to find average Content Writing Service pricing, but the results were "all over the map", from $0.10 to $1.00 per word, to $4000 and more for 10 pages.
- Affordable Web Design Ltd charges by the hour based on our normal hourly rate, not by the word, as most content writing services do.
- A general "ballpark" guestimate of an average timeframe to write the content for an entire 10-page website would be about one hour per page, depending on the page, so about 10 hours.
- Please note though that this can vary, depending on how we are expected to find all the information, whether obtaining this information involves visiting your place of business and researching your products and/or services, or gathering the information on your business from a variety of supplier websites, or even competitor websites who may be offering similar services to yours. There is therefore no way to accurately quote on such a service in advance and can only be calculated once we have completed the work. If we feel that we will be going beyond our "ballpark guestimate" as above, we will advise you.
Please note that we only offer our Web Content Writing services to our own web design clients.